Acoustic Research X10-12 Subwoofer
For more than 60 years, Acoustic Research has shaped the modern home entertainment industry.
The AR brand's history of innovation, advanced technologies and unique design for the consumer includes the introduction in 1959 of the dome tweeter (still used in today's speakers).
AR focused on bringing better music listening experience by bringing better products in the music reproduction chain. While the highly acclaimed acoustic suspension speakers were considered one of the most well-known innovations that set the record of largest market share ever held by a loudspeaker manufacturer, the belt-drive turntable with T-bar sub-chassis suspension marked the revolution in the vinyl playback and delivered remarkable improvement in music reproduction.
Apart from highly acclaimed products around the music reproduction chain, Acoustic Research has also proactively addressed the requirements of current and anticipated audio/video equipment standards to achieve the optimum level of performance through its line of accessory products.
• High-efficiency 1000-watt Class D amplifier featuring MOSFET operates extremely quickly thus ensuring astonishingly high clarity, powerful output and extra low distortion
• 12-inch Aluminum cone, lightweight yet extremely rigid aluminum ensures accurate piston motion at high power levels and heat dissipation with no interruptions
• Robust die-cast aluminum chassis with optimal ventilation facilitates maximum excursion of the cone
• Large motor system with 4-layer, 2" diameter voice coil and 145mm magnet for outstanding control and efficiency
• Precision-built, robust cabinet commandingly stabilizes the subwoofer during long powerful strokes, effectively reducing resonance and distortion
• Enlarged, high-flow slot ports purposefully situated on either the front or the rear of the cabinet impressively reinforce maximum output at extended low frequencies
• Cabinet design: front firing front ported
• Subwoofer: 12 in. aluminium cone
• Frequency response +/- 3 dB: 15Hz-240Hz
• Amplifier: 1000 watts RMS Power, 1500 watts Dynamic
• Crossover adjustment: 40Hz-200Hz inf. Var.
• Phase adjustment: 0-180 degrees inf. Var.
• Auto on/off: yes
• Connection: speaker level inputs/outputs; line inputs; balanced input
• Dimensions (W x H x D): 394x474x446mm
• Finish: Satin black
• Net Weight: 31kg