Powered Bookshelf Speakers
Audioengine HD6 Premium Powered Speakers
Our flagship HD6 powered speaker system represents a major milestone for Audioengine and shows just how far weve come in 10 years. Featuring built-in amplifiers that really pack a punch as well as analog and digital inputs including aptX Bluetooth and optical, the HD6 is not just another great-sounding pair of Audioengine powered speakers, but a complete audio system. Easy to set up, simple to use, and designed for the way people listen to music today.
We've included features from some of our best-selling products making HD6 quite possibly the most versatile powered speaker available. Stream TIDAL, Spotify, Pandora, YouTube - or any streaming service or media player - wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet or computer. For the highest resolution connect to the optical input, which is perfect for network music players. It can also be used to connect any component with an optical output, including your TV system. You can also connect your favorite turntable or a subwoofer, so no matter how you connect and listen, HD6 has you covered.
The HD6 was designed first for performance, but speakers also need to look great, right? The furniture-grade wood veneers and detachable magnetic grills give the HD6 a look and feel of old-school elegance that blends with any decor. Available in Satin Black for your stealth system as well as Walnut and Cherry wood finishes at no additional cost if you want to really show them off.
Built-in power amplifiers save space and eliminate the need to connect HD6 to a stereo receiver or external power amp. Simply plug the left speaker into a power outlet and connect the included speaker wire from the left to the right passive speaker. All internal components of the HD6 are designed and tuned together, so youll get Audioengines Signature Sound and a much more efficient system than traditional separate passive speakers and amplifiers.
The HD6 is Audioengines latest statement on high-quality and highly-affordable audio. The all-new woofers have diecast aluminum frames allowing the lower-end to really perform. Also new are the silk dome tweeters which have been upgraded for even smoother, more extended highs, superior stereo separation, and incredible imaging. The HD6 speaker cabinets are also a new design that are thicker and more stable which reduces unwanted resonances.
- Built-in analog class A/B monoblock power amplifiers
- Dual audio inputs and full-range variable output High-fidelity
- Advanced Bluetooth with aptX, simplified setup, extended range, and 24-bit upsampling 24-bit digital optical (SPDIF) input
- Custom 5.5 Kevlar woofers with die cast aluminum woofer baskets
- Custom 1 silk tweeters with neodymium magnets and ferrofluid-cooled voice coils
- Hand-built cabinets with furniture-grade finishes
- Detachable magnetic speaker grills
- Threaded inserts to secure speakers to stands
- Passive crossovers with upgraded components
- Solid aluminum remote control
- Works with Mac, PC, tablets, or smartphones Any operating system (Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS, Android)
- Any music player app or streaming service (iTunes, TIDAL, Youtube, Amarra, etc.)
- Any product with Bluetooth, mini-jack, RCA, or optical outputs (TV, Apple TV, network streamer, etc)
- All Audioengine digital-to-analog converters and wireless audio adapters
- Materials and construction
- (20mm) thick MDF cabinets
- 1" (25mm) silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets
- 5.5" (140mm) Kevlar woofers with advanced voice coils and diecast aluminum frames
- Built-in linear power supply with toroidal power transformer
Whats in the box:
- HD6 powered (left) speaker
- HD6 passive (right) speaker
- Remote control Antenna
- Speaker wire (16AWG), 4 meters (~13ft)
- Power cable
- Mini-jack audio cable
- RCA audio cable
- Microfiber speaker bags
- Microfiber cable bag
- Quickstart guide