The all-new 4040 A integrated amplifier
Introducing the new Integrated amplifier by CREEK AUDIO! Released February 2023, a long wait coming. After 37 years within the industry, Creek Audio is undergoing its biggest transformation. Full of quality and excellence. It weighs in at 2kgs and measures just 21.5x6x25.5cms.
The all-new 4040 A integrated amplifier has been designed to reprise the essence of the original 1982 – CAS4040. While huge technological advances and modern digital features have propelled the 4040 A into the 21st century, the listening pleasure it creates continues to release the same endorphins its ancestor did 40 years ago.
The 4040 A’s intuitive user interface and sophisticated menu system are easily navigated either by remote control or rotary control knobs.
The “Feature Rich” 4040 A contains three analogue signal inputs, including two pairs of unbalanced RCA sockets and one pair of fully balanced XLR sockets. The electronic volume control enables precise 1dB adjustment over a 70dB range. Left/right balance, tone controls and EQ settings, further enhance its flexibility.
Vinyl music lovers can install an optional plug-in Sequel mk4 Phono Pre-amp in place of Aux 2 to match a wide range of Moving Magnet and high-output Moving Coil cartridges.
A dedicated headphone amplifier will drive a wide range of headphones via a front panel-mounted jack socket.
USB, coax SPDIF, optical Toslink, USB class 2 and aptX Bluetooth 5.0 increase the flexibility of this amplifier.
The 4040 A leverages the power of a premier grade ES9018 Sabre DAC to convert digital signals into analogue.
Modern, multi-driver loudspeakers using complex cross-over circuitry present a heavy demand on any amplifier. The 4040A employs cutting-edge MERUS™ Infineon technology to enable it to drive even the most difficult loads to realistic listening levels with high fidelity. Aux1 can be selected as a DIRECT power amp input.
The key to the 4040A integrated amplifier’s impressive performance is in its high-frequency power supply, optimised for audio electronics, enabling the latent quality of its amplifier to be realised. The 4040A’s performance is unaffected by mains quality or voltage stability. Unlike most conventional amplifiers, its 250-Watt power supply is voltage stabilised, enabling it to double its power output each time the load impedance is halved, regardless of the mains voltage.
Signal sensing enables the 4040 A to reduce power consumption by powering down non-essential circuitry when not required.
· Power output: 55 W into 8 Ohms, 110 W into 4 Ohms, both channels driven
· Continuous max output current: >8A, current limited
· THD and Noise: <0.01%
· Signal to Noise Ratio: 102dBA Aux input, loaded
· Frequency Response: 1Hz to 50 kHz, +/-3dB
· Input sensitivity: 440mV
· Crosstalk: >100dB at 1 kHz
· Pre-Amp Inputs: 2x RCA (unbalanced) and 1x XLR (balanced)
· Plug-in Phono options: Aux 2 changes to Phono with a Sequel mk4 MM Phono fitted
· Digital inputs: 1x co-axial, 1x optical, 1x USB 2.0 PCM & DSD, Bluetooth aptX HD
· Digital to Analogue Converter: ES9018 Sabre premier stereo DAC
· Loudspeaker Outputs: 4mm binding posts with rear and side entry, plus a spade lug
· Speaker output impedance: <0.02 Ohms 20Hz to 20 kHz. Damping factor >400 into 8 Ohms
· Headphone Output socket: 6.3mm stereo jack socket for 30 – 300 Ohm headphones
· Mains input voltage range: 100V to 240V nominal, 50Hz or 60Hz (automatic multi-region)
· Fuse: Built into the power supply and not user serviceable.
· Power Consumption: 5W, 250W, <0.5W – Idle, Max, Standby
· Auto Standby: The amp will switch off automatically after an adjustable pre-set time, with no signal, or standby can be defeated in Menu.
· Finish colours: Optional silver or black front panel. Black outer cover only
· Weight: 2kgs (4.4 lbs) net, 3kgs (6.6 lbs) gross (packed)
· Size W/H/D: 21.5 x 6 x 25.5 cm (8.46″ x 2.36″ x 10”) including feet, knobs, LS terminals and BT antenna.