Active 2-Way Speaker with Flexible Electronics
The Monitor Active 2000 combines compact dimensions with a magnificent sound and active technology.
The integrated electronic system accepts Bluetooth signals and is equipped with digital and analog inputs.
A turntable with an MM pickup can also be connected directly to the RCA input - an additional phono amplifier is thereby not required.
The supplied remote control is used to select the input and adjust the volume. An amplifier power of 2 x 25 watts (2 x 70 watts peak power) guarantees impressive, dynamic capabilities.
The active technology also enables the Monitor Active 2000 to operate within an impressive frequency range of 38 to 40,000 Hz.
Active, compact, flexible and powerful
Active speakers are not only a universal problem solver, but they are also a technical stroke of genius. Music can be played from almost any source without additional electronic equipment, which reduces tedious cabling requirements and simplifies operation. For the developers, the integration of chassis and amplifiers means they can be optimally coordinated with one another. An optimal tonal performance is the end result, a trait which is naturally also exhibited by the latest compact addition to Magnat´s portfolio, namely the Monitor Active 2000.
An active speaker system can be used in many different ways, whether it´s as a fully-fledged shelf speaker for hi-fi setups or as a monitor speaker for the desk. Such a system should also be flexible when it comes to inputs - and that´s exactly what the Monitor Active 2000 is. It can be controlled extremely easily from any smartphone, tablet or computer thanks to Bluetooth connectivity. A digital input with optical and coaxial connections supports the playback of high-res music files in formats up to 24 bit and 192 kHz. And 3.5 mm / RCA analog inputs provide connection options for all other sources. The RCA input can also be used by a switchable phono preamplifier, thereby enabling turntables with an MM system to be connected directly to the Monitor Active 2000. The variety of inputs and the volume can be easily controlled via the supplied remote control. What´s more, all of the functions can also be operated via the controls that are located at the rear of the right-hand speaker.
So much high-tech doesn´t necessarily have to take up a lot of space.
Measuring just 175 x 290 mm tall and 205 mm deep, the Active 2000 cuts a slim figure on a shelf, on a sideboard or next to a monitor. The sturdy MDF housing in its elegant black wood decor, however, offers more than enough space for a resilient two-way system. The right-hand speaker contains all of the electronic components and therefore all of the connections, while the left-hand speaker is simply connected via a speaker cable. This provides you with freedom when setting up the system. Weighing in at 4.4 and 3.8 kilos, the two Active 2000 speakers are by no means lightweight, but they are still very manageable.
A 25 mm tweeter dome and a 125 mm bass-midrange driver are combined in each speaker. The dome is driven by a powerful ferrite magnet and features an optimized sound guide. The bass-midrange driver is equipped with a coated paper cone, as well as a powerful and distortion-optimized magnetic drive. The right-hand speaker also contains the two 35 watt power amplifiers and all of the preamplifier electronics.
The complete package consisting of electronics and speaker technology produces an impressive sound and it eclipses many other systems in terms of flexibility
- Bluetooth input (version 4.1)
- Sampling rates of all digital inputs up to 24Bit/192kHz
- Optical digital input for direct connection of digital audio devices (e. g. TV)
- Low standby power consumption (<0.5 watts) with auto standby function
- Control for volume and input selection at the rear panel of the right loudspeaker
- Complete control is ensured via the supplied remote control (incl. battery)
- LED status indicator at the speaker front
- Additional 3.5 mm analogue stereo input for connecting portable audio devices
- Analogue stereo input (Cinch R/L) with switchable phono preamplifier for direct connection of a record player with magnet system (MM)
- Numerous connection options for flexible and versatile use for smartphone via Bluetooth®, record player, TV, etc
- High-quality phono preamplifier for direct connection of a record player with MM magnet system
- Integrated high-performance amplifier module, no additional amplifier is required
- Powerful class D amplifier module with 2 x 35 watts RMS power
- Bluetooth input (version 4.1) for high-quality music from mobile devices
- Amplitude and phase-optimised crossover with acoustical 24dB filters and high-quality components
- High-quality terminal with solid gold-plated and capsulated screw connectors
- Resonance-damping rubber feet
- Very solid low-resonance construction made of E1 MDF panels
- Elegant design with high-quality black wood decor
- Detachable front cover with acoustic cloth
- Airflex port with rounded reflex opening for reducing wind noises
- DRIVERS 5" woofer- midrange 1 x 1“ dome tweeter
- POWER HANDLING (RMS/MAX.) 2x 35 / 70 watts
- IMPEDANCE Powered
- CROSSOVER FREQUENCIES 3500 Hz
- MAINS VOLTAGE 100 – 240 V