5.1-Channel 4K AV Receiver with Bluetooth
Uncompromising Value. This 5.1-channel AV receiver brings the best technologies to your home including Dolby Vision™, 4K Ultra HD, HDR10 and Bluetooth® at an affordable price.
Full 4K Ultra HD HDMI Support
Providing complete compatibility with the latest HDMI standards, this AV receiver delivers transmission of 4K video at 60 frames/second pass-through. It also supports HDR (high dynamic range) Video including Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma which provides incredible contrast, smooth tone and rich, bright colors—giving you full, high-definition enjoyment with an exceptionally realistic and natural picture quality.
Experiences Expanded with CINEMA DSP
Exclusive Yamaha CINEMA DSP technology supports playback of HD Audio (Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™, etc.), providing natural and expansive sound imaging. CINEMA DSP transforms the dynamics of the listening environment, with acoustic reproduction of famous venues such as the Bottom Line, Roxy Theater, and European cathedrals—letting you experience their ambience right in your room.
Every Room Is Different; Easy Sound Optimization with YPAO
YPAO (Yamaha Parametric room Acoustic Optimizer) analyzes the room acoustics and your system, then precisely adjusts various audio parameters to provide the best sound for your room. By placing the supplied microphone at your listening position and switching YPAO on, the system is automatically tuned for optimum performance in your home.
Built for Performance; Discrete Amp Configuration
The RX-V385 was designed with a strong focus on achieving exceptionally high-clarity sound. It employs a discrete amp configuration and a low-jitter PLL circuit, which contributes to its excellent audio performance.
Designed for Sound with Bi-Amp Connection
The RX-V385 offers the ability to bi-amp compatible front speakers (L, R), which drives the high and low ranges with independent amplifiers. In addition to providing greater power, it also prevents interference between the high and low sounds, further improving the sound of the front speakers (trade with surround speakers).
Feel Your Lows; Rich Bass Reproduction
This exclusive low-range enhancement technology delivers richer bass than you would expect from smaller sized speakers while maintaining good localization and sound balance even with compact front speakers. When a subwoofer is used, it improves the volume of the entire low range of the speaker system, not only the front speakers, but also enhancing the bass from the subwoofer. You'll enjoy video and music with sound that has exceptional power and presence.
Virtual CINEMA FRONT Surround Sound
Even when it is impossible to install surround speakers behind the listening position, you can enjoy virtual 5-channel surround sound with all of the speakers placed in the front of the room.
Bluetooth with Music Enhancer
Thanks to its built-in Bluetooth functionality, this AV receiver lets you enjoy easy wireless music playback from smartphones and other devices. The Compressed Music Enhancer from Yamaha is now optimized for Bluetooth audio transmissions to ensure that your music will have vivid, dynamic sound quality during wireless playback.
Configured Settings with Scenes
Pressing a SCENE button powers on the AV receiver or remote selects the input source and DSP mode. You can re-set the buttons for different sources by selecting a source and DSP mode, then pressing a SCENE button for more than three seconds.
An Easy Install; AV Setup Guide
Use this special app and get expert assistance with cable connections between the AV receiver and source devices. It even guides you through various other settings such as speaker connections, TV and source device connections and power amplifier assignments.
When ECO mode is turned on it can reduce power consumption by about 20 percent*, thanks to an advanced energy saving design. *Compared to power consumption when ECO mode is off (Yamaha measurement).
- Channels: 5.1
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven): 100 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven):70 W (8 ohms, 0.09% THD)
- Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA): 145 W (6 ohms, 10% THD)
- Dynamic Power / Ch (Front L/R, 8/6/4/2 ohms): 110 / 130 / 160 / 180 W
- Surround Sound Processing Cinema DSP: Yes
- DSP Programs: 17
- Dialog Level Adjustment: Yes
- SILENT Cinema / Virtual Cinema DSP: Yes (Virtual CINEMA FRONT)
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- Audio Features File Format: MP3 / WMA / MPEG-4 AAC / WAV: up to 48 kHz / 16-bit
- Compressed Music Enhancer: Yes (incl. enhancer for Bluetooth®)
- YPAO Sound Optimization: Yes
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control): Yes
- Initial Volume and Maximum Volume Setting: Yes
- Audio Delay: Yes (0-500 ms)
- DA Converter: Burr-Brown 384 kHz / 32-bit DAC x 3
- Video Features: 4K Ultra HD Pass-through and Upscaling Yes (4K / 60p, 4:4:4)
- HDMI 3D Pass-through: Yes
- HDMI eARC: Yes (via future firmware update)
- HDMI Audio Return Channel: Yes
- HDMI Upscaling: Yes (HDMI® to HDMI)
- Deep Color / x.v.Color / 24Hz Refresh Rate / Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- Extensive Connection/HDMI Input/Output: 4 / 1 (HDCP 2.3, HDR10 / Dolby Vision / HLG and BT.2020 compatible)
- HDMI CEC: Yes
- USB Input: USB memory
- Front AV Input: USB / mini jack
- Digital Audio Input / Output: Optical 1 / 0
- Digital Audio Input / Output: Coaxial 2 / 0
- Analog Audio Input / Output: 3 (front 1) / 0
- Composite Video Input / Output: 3 / 1
- Preout: Subwoofer
- Headphone Output: 1
- Connectivity (Bluetooth): Yes (SBC, in and out)
- (FM / AM Tuner): Yes
- User Interface/On-Screen Display: Yes (color OSD)
- SCENE (4 sets)
- Remote Control Unit: Yes
- General Standby Power Consumption (IR only): ≤ 0.2 W
- Auto Power Standby: Yes
- ECO Mode: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8" x 6-3/8" x 12-3/8"
- Weight: 17.0 lbs.