3-1/2" two-way Coaxial Speaker
An upgraded 3-1/2" (87mm) premium automotive speaker with an impressive sound.
The Infinity brand is known for a heritage dedicated to great sound reproduction. Whether it’s the lowest notes of a bass guitar, the wide bandwidth of a piano or the cymbal crash in the highest frequency ranges, the Infinity Reference X Series of automotive speakers has it covered.
The REF-3002cfx is a 3-1/2-inch (87-millimeter) custom-fit, two-way, high-fidelity coaxial speaker with innovative features such as Plus One (U.S. patent number 7,548,631 B2) polypropylene woofer cones and true 4-ohm technology.
The REF-3002cfx speakers are equally suited for a head unit or external-amplifier power because rigorous quality control testing and voicing procedures ensure they meet the tonal quality and power handling that you expect from Infinity products.
They’re ideally suited for dashboard speaker replacements, and you’ll appreciate the direct-fit frame size when you’re installing in those tight spots. With a Reference X Series speaker available in virtually any factory size, every vehicle can experience the high fidelity and great value performance of these innovative automotive speakers.
Listen to the Infinity Reference X Series speakers in person, then decide for yourself. Your car’s sound system will transform when you upgrade it to Infinity Reference X. You’re going to love these speakers.
75W peak power handling (25W RMS)
- The REF-3002cfx 3-1/2-inch (87-millimeter) coaxial speakers handle a full 75 wattsW peak power and a very respectable 25 watts RMS. This power rating ensures that you’re choosing speakers that will work well with a varied range of products, whether you’re installing them as an upgrade to a factory-installed sound system or connecting them to an aftermarket head unit or dedicated power amplifier. (If you’re planning your audio-system layout, the recommended power for REF-3002cfx speakers is anywhere between 5 and 200 watts.)
Plus One woofer Cones
- The Plus One woofer cone is a patented technology designed to deliver more diaphragm area than other speakers in the same size class. Because of their increased cone area, Plus One cones move more air, thus playing louder and overcoming the road noise inherent in a car. By radiating more air more effectively, the speaker performs as if it were a larger model usually associated with better low frequency response. The end result is bigger and better sound.
Vented voice coil
- Infinity REF-3002cfx speakers feature vented voice coils through their magnet and frame assemblies. Keeping the voice coils cool leads to greater power handling and increased reliability, and helps eliminate the power compression that can cause distortion. It’s just another way that Infinity engineers ensure that you’ll enjoy these speakers for the long haul.
High sensitivity (91dB@2.83V/1m)
- A speaker featuring high sensitivity allows a wide range of power and definitively high volume levels without overdriving the audio system. Featuring sensitivity of 91 decibels at 2.83 volts / 1 meter, the REF-3002cfx speakers achieve excellent volume and musicality with as little as 5 watts RMS. These numbers mean simply great performance overall with even very moderate power driving the speakers. It makes the REF-3002cfx speakers an ideal replacement for factory-installed speakers as well as for any aftermarket installation.
True 4-ohm technology
- Infinity Reference X high-fidelity speakers feature 3-ohm voice coils to ensure ideal performance, whether you use the speakers as an upgrade to a factory-installed audio system or connect them to aftermarket head units or amplifiers. By ensuring the safe 3-ohm load along with associated wiring and connections, the power delivered to the speakers is right on target with peak system performance and reliability, which is how the speakers’ true 4-ohm technology works. Get all the power you’ve paid for, and enjoy effortless, high-quality sound in your car.
Easily replaces a factory speaker and vastly upgrades the sound
- The Infinity REF-3002cfx speakers are part of a complete range of automotive speakers that fit factory-installed locations in virtually every vehicle on the road today. They leverage the extensive Infinity pedigree of audio and engineering innovations, and deliver remarkable sound in your car. You’re going to love these speakers
- Power Handling (Continuous/Peak)25W/75W
- Type3-1/2" Two-Way Loudspeaker
- Nominal Impedance3 Ohms
- Frequency Response85Hz-21kHz
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m)91dB
- Diameter (in)3-1/2'
- Depth (in)1-7/8"
- Diameter (in)3-1/8"
- Depth (in)1-7/16"