4-channel car amplifier with 70 watts RMS x 4
Plays your music loud and clear
Sony's XM-GS4 4-channel amplifier will drive your whole system, sending 70 watts RMS to each of your front and rear speakers. Or you can switch the amp into 2-channel mode to power a couple of subs with 160 watts RMS each. This compact amp sports a hefty heatsink that gets rid of the heat that's generated when you're pushing your system hard. The XM-GS4 also uses a cooling fan, which automatically adjusts its speed for the heat it detects, ensuring this small amplifier will always produce the power that's expected.
Ready for high-resolution music
The XM-GS4 can reproduce frequencies as high as 100,000 Hz, so your high-res files and downloads will come to life with pin-point clarity. You don't exactly hear those extreme high tones, but they add ambience to your music, increasing realism and emotional impact. The XM-GS4 works its magic best when paired with a high-resolution source, like Sony's matching RSX-GS9 digital media receiver, and tweeters capable of reproducing those ultra-high frequencies, like Sony's XS-GS1 supertweeters.
This Sony amp uses a heavy-duty transformer and premium capacitors to maximize sonic accuracy
You'll find all the connections on one side of the amp, which makes wiring simpler and neater. The tuning controls sit protected under a cover so they won't get inadvertently moved. You'll find separate controls for the front and rear channels on this versatile amp. You can run two speakers and a sub, for instance, and use the correct high-pass, low-pass, and subsonic filters to get the tone right. You'll appreciate the bass boost, if you need a little extra punch. Sony protects this amp with a 3-year warranty, and that says a lot.
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 70 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (80 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 160 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms in bridged mode (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Frequency response: 10-100,000 Hz
- Separate variable high- and low-pass filters for front and rear channels (50-300 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
- Separate variable subsonic filters for front and rear channels (6-70 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- Separate bass boosts for front and rear channels (0-10 dB at 40 Hz)
- Preamp and speaker-level inputs
- Fuse rating: 30A x 2
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-3/4"W x 2-1/8"H x 8"D
- Warranty: 3 years